Ghana Rondo
J-Dog
2006-08-13 14:34:16 UTC
So has anyone out there learned how to sing that Ghanda Rondo yet?
s***@yahoo.com
2006-08-15 19:02:04 UTC
Post by J-Dog
So has anyone out there learned how to sing that Ghanda Rondo yet?
Well, let's break it down. A rondo (afaik) is a return to a main theme
from a series of digressions. Ghana has a rich history of chaos.
Here's how the rondo goes:

We kill each other. We can't govern ourselves.
The British establish a colony. We acheive independence.
We kill each other. We can't govern ourselves.
Dictator Jerry Rawlings takes power and bans politics.
We kill each other. We can't govern ourselves.
Kufour takes office and our Kofi Annan ruins the U.N..
We kill each other. We can't govern ourselves.

Catchy tune, eh?
J-Dog
2006-08-16 17:47:57 UTC
That's pretty good.. I got the Rondo part and the Africa bit,
but i think it's probably just got a good musical sound to the
two words together. Like the feeding all the kangaroos thing
from Muswellbrook (sp?)

The Era of the Third World Man....

SD lyrics have always challenged me to dig a little deeper which i
think
is what any good art should do. Really good stuff, too bad we don't
have
too many more like them. No one has stepped up to carry the torch for
the next generation.